Pages

Friday, 20 March 2020

Sea turtles

WALT: use the TEXT structure to craft a paragraph.

Sea turtles have been around for a long time (at the time of the dinosaurs!) but humans are doing things such as polluting the air and creating global warming. Because of us, 6 out of 7 species of sea turtles are now endangered. Global warming is a huge problem because it makes there be way too many female sea turtles. It creates too many female sea turtles because if the sand under the turtle eggs is cold, the turtle is most likely going to be a boy. If the sand is hot, the turtle is most likely going to be a girl. That is a problem because if there are too many females, there won’t be many females and the females will not be able to find a mate to make babies. It also causes coral bleaching, ruining places to hide under while they sleep to prevent them from floating away with with the currents and getting lost. Turtles are very special creatures and we need to try to save them.

Reflection: 
1st star: I found it easy to make the tie-up.
2nd star: I liked making the tie-up.
Wish: I found it hard to write a topic sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kia Ora. Thank you for visiting my blog, I would love a thoughtful, helpful and kind comment. All comments are moderated by my teacher so there may be a delay before they appear.